Insurance and Financial Information
- In order to direct your dental insurance requests to the proper company we request each patient to provide a proof of insurance card for all primary and secondary coverage at the initial appointments. Our computer will fill out the required information and we will file it with your insurance company.
- It is important to understand that dental insurance does not always cover 100% of fees. Please review your coverage and bring any supporting information with you at your first appointment. Dental insurance usually covers about 80% to 100% of preventive services like exams, cleanings, x-rays, fluoride treatments; 60% to 80% of routine fillings and root canals; 50% of major procedures like crowns and bridges. Also, most companies require a $50.00 to $100.00 deductible to be satisfied and limit total payments to a calendar year maximum of $1000.00 to $2000.00, depending on your plan.
- For your convenience we use the appropriate PPO/HMO fee schedule that applies to your insurance for your treatment estimates enabling us to give a more accurate amount that will be due from you at time of .
- Your insurance company may deny payment on necessary treatment. Benefits are not determined by our office but by the type of plan chosen by your employer. It is important to know that insurance companies "average" dental fees from throughout the country and use what is known as a "UCR" - usual and customary fee - and cap your particular coverage based on the UCR. We provide all the supporting information to the insurance company to support your claim but, ultimately, your insurance company will determine coverage.
- Our office is currently a provider for the following dental plans:
Aetna PPO, Assurant PPO, Cigna PPO, MetLife, Delta Dental PPO,
Blue Cross / Blue Shield (some)
United Concordia, United Health Care, Humana PPO
- Our office accepts cash, personal checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express cards at this time.
- For patients who desire to extend payment for services, we have arranged financing for qualified patients through Care Credit.